Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I'm having a problem with my 2008 Honda trx 500fa

Customer Question

Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's flashing a code 11 fault
I've removed the shift motor and the gear is stuck in the motor ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've reset the Ecm and no change
I've removed and tested the shift motor with a battery and it moves.
I'm starting to Think the problem is internal .
I have also removed the Motor , Kept it plugged In , done the reset and and it doesn't move !
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's starting to crack me up now .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What's strange also is when i turn the engine to start the N light comes on and when I let go the button before it starts I hear a slight click from the front under the light and it goes back into fault mode
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I know on some models there is a 30 amp fuse that controls the motor and if this fuse has blown it will need replaced.Check and see if any fuses have blown and if any are found the affected fuse needs replaced.If this is or has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All fuses are fine
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k,after looking at more info on this code here it looks to be the control motor as the most common cause.The motor will work when you jump power to it but the ECM supplies low voltage to it to run it so when you jumped power to it then it may have appeared to work o.k. But the original low voltage signal from the ECM will no longer control it when the motor itself is faulty.This seems to be the biggest issue for this code and fault here with the control motor itself needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also I cannot move the gear where the shift motor goes onto the engine . I tried move with a screwdriver but can't move it king me think the issue is internal ?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

If the shaft or gear will not move at all and the motor does run I suspect an internal mechanical fault which will require further internal inspection to locate and repair the cause here.This internal mechanical fault may have also affected the motor damaging it to where it needs replaced as well.

Thanks Pete