AA is an FLH-80.
you will need to be able to jack up the frame (under the tranny), the transmission and the forward end of the swing arm.
- disconnect the battery POS.
- remove the starter and starter drive.
- remove the primary....cover, guts and the primary chaincase.
- remove the left saddlebag.
- remove the inspection plugs for the left and right rear foot board supports.
- remove the lower mounting bolt for the left rear shock and swing it away from the swingarm.
- if your swingarm pivot has a locknut on the right side, remove the locknut and pull the shaft out the left side. if you can remove the nut part from the left side and leave the reast of the pivot shaft i the transmission and swingarm, do so. if you do not have the frame, transmission and swingarm properly supported, your motorcycle will collapse on the floor at this point.
- remove the left side rear foot board mounting plate/ rubber mount support.
- remove the left rear rubber mount
- slip the new belt over the rear wheel pulley, twist the upper strand vertical and slide it between the frame and swingarm and then loop over the transmission pulley.
- re-assemble and adjust the rear belt tension.
if I were you, I would not even attempt this without a copy of the HD factory service manual for a 1984 FLH.
let me know if you need more help.