Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Kawasaki Mule 2013 610 lights will not come on, ignition

Customer Question

Kawasaki Mule 2013 610 lights will not come on, ignition switch does not work, but when post on solenoid cross it spins but doesn't turn over. when need LED light bar is hooked up, they burn.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** you be a little more specific, not real clear what you mean "but when post" ?

Also do you have a multi-meter ?

And can I get your VIN number or the exact model code of this unit ?

Thanks

Kenny

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Harold, so it looks like you have an accessory light bar, correct ? and does that have a separate switch ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is hooked to hot and ground cable. Has a switch. will not work with it disconnected also. Solenoid spends but will not respond to the ignition switch but only when poles on starter are crossed. Still only spends and will not engage the fly wheel.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

OK Harold, so the Light Bar is hooked direct to the battery with its own separate switch. Correct ?

So I gather it looks like you are shorting the two positive wires on the solenoid and then the starter motor will "spin over" you have "spends" which I'm assuming is a typo ?

Do you have a multi-meter (volt meter) ??

Thanks

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Harold the reason I'm asking if you have a multi-meter is, I need you do to do a few checks for voltage, that way we can narrow it down to the cause of the problem.

Thanks