Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I have a 2012 250cc ninja and now all off a sudden it does

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2012 250cc ninja and now all off a sudden it does not have any top speed i.e not reving out it starts and idles fine just got no top speed i changed the spark plugs thinking that might help but still the same do you have any suggestions?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 11 months ago.

Hi Alan, my name is ***** ***** I get the current mileage and can you give me an idea when your last valve adjustment and also would you be able to perform a compression measurement, you will need access to a compression gauge ?

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
5000km and valves never been done

Thanks Alan, first I will go over the valve adjust, it should have been checked at 800km and then again at 10000km, so you missed your first initial check which is critical, so my suggestion would to start there, and generally what you do prior to checking the clearance and then adjusting it you should check compression, that is something that is a standard procedure not only for diagnosing a problem but it also give you a base line for in the future.

So if you can give me a little more details of where this engine is signing off, as you are claiming the top speed has dropped off, can you give the speed of the bike and maybe max RPM's now ?

Also has the bike been sitting for any amount of time lately and if so do this happen after its been sitting ?

Please answer all my questions if you can, thanks Alan

Kenny