Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

My name is ***** *****, i have a honda interceptor vf700f,

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** *****, i have a honda interceptor vf700f, recently the bike was running fine, but today it gets no power.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well i checked the battery, its full charged, i checked the fuses cant find any burnt out, replaced ignition switch and nothing, replaced the solenoid and main relay, checked the connectors on the wire harness but cant figure out why it has no power.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Motorcycle Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no im going to try a few other things and will come back if i cant figure it ou.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 11 months ago.

You will need a 12 volt test light to do some electrical circuit tests. If you do not have one you can get a cheap one at any auto parts store.

Begin by clamping the end of the test light to the negative battery post. Hold the tip of the light to the positive battery post, the light will come on. Switch the ignition switch on. Does the test light stay on? Do any other circuits on the bike work: horn, lights?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i fixed it,
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 11 months ago.

Very good.