Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

Trying to find conversion color chart sportster gh beam wire

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, trying to find conversion color chart for 2015 sportster high beam wire
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a HD large door opener and the color chart does not match. the colors to the harness on the bike are red/white; bulk/wht/ crap, hit send too soon red/white and black/white and black and red. need to know which is high beam and which is power
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Motorcycle Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long and how would I pay?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The colors on the HD aftermarket garage door opener I'm trying to map to the to the power and high beam wires are solid orange and solid white (plus black ground) Thanks. I signed up though payday and my user name isCustomerif that matters.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

did you purchase the 91558-01B (Transmitter/Receiver Kit)?

tell me everything you can.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that is the one I bought. The instructions with it state to slouchy the wires:transmitter bike harness
orange/white to red/yellow (power)
white to white (high beam)do you need me to send what colors there really are on the transmitter and bike?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
slouchy would be a typo for splice...sorry!
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

did you purchase the required harness?

2011-later Softail models, 2012-later Dyna models and 2014-later Sportster models require separate purchase of an Electrical Connection Harness (Part No. 72673-11)

tell me everything you can.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the bike is a 2015 Sportster 1200T and I just checked the catalog and it says it will work and does not need another part. I've got everything where it needs to be but cannot match the colors to splice them correctly.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the power comes from the light harness and the on/off (up/down) is the high beam. It doe not get power from the batter per se (directly from a harness connected to it)
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

here is a link to the instructions for your kit: http://www.harley-davidson.com/app-content/service/isheets/-J05688.PDF

page 1, just below figure 1 states "2014-later Sportster models require separate purchase of an Electrical Connection Harness (Part No. 72673-11)

you cannot install the kit without the harness. the wires you need to connect to, per "Harness Connection" page 9, are included with the accessory harness.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve