Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

05 arctic cat 650V2 starts and idles fine but acceleration

Customer Question

05 arctic cat 650V2 starts and idles fine but acceleration is slow,and top end cut back to about 40mph(down hill), and feels sluggish. Thinking carb. Settings are probably the issue, but not sure what I'm supposed to set it at.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** of questions,

Now many miles are on this unit

Service, when was the last time serviced and what was performed to your best recollection ?

Has the unit been sitting (how long) and or if you have been using it, did this start all of a sudden ?

Has the converter belt ever been serviced or replaced ?

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure it needs a new belt but I know that's not all of the issue. 1756 miles, 350hrs but my brother cleaned the carbs and the settings are whacked. It's been a while since its been serviced but only because it's been in climate controlled storage since this problem arose. Mainly asking for float settings, screw and pin settings to sink the carbs and have them perform properly after I install a new belt.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back, I will post up the settings and everything you'll need for the carbs, just as a FYI when the belts wear on these a lot of the performance and then the clutching goes away, I will post up some specs on that also, I will come back on with links, just click on them and download the PDF, once received if you can just let me know that you successfully downloaded them and then if you have any question I would like if you would reply back.

Thanks

Kenny

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi I put together a couple of PDF's for you the first one is for going through the carbs, and then the second one is for the belt if you want to check t out. If it appears that this information is for a Kawasaki, it is, Kawasaki sold these engines to Arctic cat, I was actually working at Kawasaki when this went down, I delt with some of the engineers at Arctic.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Kenny

http://www.hightail.com/download/ZWJWeFVVdVVsUjg4RmNUQw

http://www.hightail.com/download/ZWJWeFVUSEJGOFNLRmNUQw

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got them, I will work on it tomorrow . I'll let you know the outcome
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Awesome, and if you get stuck, just give me a shout !

Thanks !