Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

How do I make a stock 2015 kfx 90 fastet

Customer Question

Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** off not sure if you are aware there is a spacer on the drive converter that doesn't allow that converter to shift out all the way, since this unit and that is the government and the manufacture have an agreement to limit the speeds on these when purchased new, Kawasaki ships the unit with that spacer in the drive converter and then its up the purchaser to remove it depending on the child's age and their ability (safely issue) to effectively being able to handle speeds.

So with that being said you will probably not find many aftermarket manufactures that will offer "hop up" parts, obviously piston kits, different cam, and then a carb kit and exhaust to enhance the engine modifications, then you have an ignition to deal with along with the gearing (clutches to handed the added power) so lets just say that all what I mentioned here would be relatively available at a reasonable price tag then setting all that up (if capable) if not then labor, likely you are looking probably around up to maybe $2000.00.

So looking at the cost verses purchasing a bigger sized unit would make more sense then trying to modify a unit that likely there isn't a big selection of aftermarket parts available.

If you think that the spacer in the drive converter hasn't been removed and need help with that I would be glad to direct you.

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The unit was brand new so I know it hasn't been removed. I would like detailed info on how to remove the spacer. I figured that was the only thing
to do. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I see I have been charged the other 24 dollars. Are you going to tell me how to take spacer out?

Yes I will post that up, I just got back from church, give me a little bit here.

Thanks

Hi Chris, I put together a PDF file on how to remove the reduction collar, as you will see is calls for a specialty tool, you will have to come up with something there and or use an impact wrench to buzz that nut off. If you need further assistants please reply back, and once you download your copy please accept question.

Thanks Chris

Kenny

http://www.hightail.com/download/ZWJVek9qQ0N3NUxLd01UQw

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Kenny. Sorry, I'm 8 hours ahead of you. I'm a missionary in Zambia, Africa. I'm from Texas though. I sometimes forget the time difference. Tks again

Thanks Chris, if you are satisfied with the answer you can rate me and then accept !

Kenny

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Chris this is just a follow up on your question, if more help is needed please reply back and we can continue and further diagnosing your problem, if satisfied with my help, please accept as I can get credited for helping you. Thanks again for using Just Answer, if help is need in the future, you can request my assistance and will be glad to help.