Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a 2011 Yamaha r6 I turn key on everything lights up

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Yamaha r6 I turn key on everything lights up like it's suppose to except the neutral light and it doesn't do anything when I push the start button
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, a test; attempt to start with the side stand folded up and the clutch lever pulled in.

Still, the usual suspects would be:

• • the neutral switch itself;
  • • wiring particularly the sky blue wire from the neutral switch to the starting circuit cutoff relay.

In some instances, it may also be caused by a failed diode inside the starting circuit cutoff relay.

If comfortably able and feel safe to do so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter?