Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I'm having trouble shifting up. Seems to be getting caught

Customer Question

I'm having trouble shifting up. Seems to be getting caught "between" gears.
2011 Triumph RIII touring. Trouble finding neutral also. I did scrape left running board hard
before the trouble started.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the running board and where the running board contacted to see if there are any damaged or worn components needing repaired or replaced.See if it damaged anything on the bike to see if anything needs to be corrected.If a visual inspection does not reveal the fault this will need to be checked over further to see if the fault can be pinpointed causing this issue here and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete