cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Starting last year in the winter my rhino will not shift

Customer Question

starting last year in the winter my rhino will not shift gears at all if we get a day that's warm i'll leave it in high for the rest of the winter and start it in high and press the brake how I put a show plow on it and need it to work the wright way thanks ***** *****(###) ###-####
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  LongTermTech replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is Russell. I'd like to try to advise you on the problem you've asked about.

I hear that when idle speed on a Yamaha Rhino is set wrong, it can have trouble shifting gears. And if that's temperature-dependent, you could possibly need to use a transmission fluid or oil that is less viscose in cold weather, in your Rhino.

But I'm not primarily an engines expert, so I am Opting Out of this case - I noticed that it had been neglected for a while - and passing the case to the Small Engines category, where I hope it will get some more advice.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It starts and shifts fine in warm weather and the idle speed has never been an a problem
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 11 months ago.

You got some water in your shifter box . If look under your shifter you will see a hose with a plug on the end , pull that plug. You may have to pull it into a warm garage for a few to let it melt.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will give it a try and let you know thanks ***** *****

its not a problem

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pulled off the plug water ran out thank you so much

not a problem please rate my service when you get the chance