Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Won't shift from 2wheel drive to 4wheel all the time

Customer Question

Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 11 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your inquiry.

For an expert to be able to help you, we will need to know the Make, Model and Year of your vehicle. There are specialists in all areas so by knowing what you own we can ensure you get the best help available.

Thanks.

RSRBOB

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This may be a fault with a shift actuator on the transfer case or differential or an issue with the 4wd control switch or control unit/ecu.These are all common issues but before we can guess at these here it is best to know what year,make and model as well as engine size is in this vehicle.If you can let me know this,this will help.

It is also best to have a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers to see if any codes are set in any of the computers.If any codes are set those codes will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

Thanks Pete