Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

My motorcycle won't start..i press the start button but it

Customer Question

My motorcycle won't start..i press the start button but it only clicks (no engine noise) but there's as little circular box under the seat when I touch it with a swear driver it turns over but wont turn on..my spark plugs aren't making any spark either....please help this is the most frustrating thing ever on a good day
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Marquis, my name is ***** ***** of questions, is this bike in the United States, (US Bike) ? and have you changed any components including the ignition switch. Also you have the option to take a picture of what you are in question of and post it up, I will be glad to take a look, if this bike is a US model, then if you can give me the 17 digit frame number I can look up to see the exact model you have and get the correct wiring diagram.
Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its in the US S.C...i haven't done anything to it..its a 93 zx7r vin is jkazxdl15pa004848
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

OK Thanks, ***** ***** model, I need you to start with checking voltages at the battery if you can give me the results listed below that would be great. you are going to need a multi-meter for checking VDC.

1. With battery fully charged in the bike (key off) measure battery voltage
  2. With meter still hooked up, measure the battery voltage with the key on
  3. With meter still measuring the voltage, while starting the engine, observe the voltage "drop" at the battery while the engine is turning over.

Please get back to me with those results, and we'll move forward.

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I got it started but now its just rev-Ing really loud..i checked the ideal but that's not it.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

OK that's good, now did you have the fuel tank off ? If so you to check the throttle cable routing, something might have got mis-routed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I got it fixed but now my head lights and tail lights went out
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Obviously check the fuse and bulbs, you had something going on with the battery, you might have had a voltage spike causing these multiple problems ?

Kenny