Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I'm working on a 2006 arctic cat 500 4x4 4 wheeler. The carb

Customer Question

Hello, I'm working on a 2006 arctic cat 500 4x4 4 wheeler. The carb is clean, has fresh fuel, the fuel pump works, the primer works, has spark under compression, the timing is on, the motor turns over but it will not start. It won't even try. I even tried starting fluid still nothing. Please help!!
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect and make sure the spark plugs are the correct plugs and if they need gapped make sure they are gapped properly as well as check and make sure they are not soaked/flooded out with fuel needing either removed and cleaned or removed and replaced.If these were or are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete