Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 2006 Honda TRX400FA has auto & manual switch. The gauge

Customer Question

My 2006 Honda TRX400FA has auto & manual switch. The gauge is flashing ESP with no gear selection showing.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with a position sensor or transmisison/gear box sensor that is disabling the selection from showing which is also turning on the ESP message you see.I have seen some sensor failures in the past before cause issues like this here.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this issue.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.If you can get the codes read out and post them here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete