Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I 't have a Harley mechanical question but I do have a

Customer Question

Hello. I don't have a Harley mechanical question but I do have a question about the authenticity and value of an older classic HD. I may soon be buying a 1950 Harley Davidson Hydra Glide Pan Head from a collector. I have owned several Harleys in my day, but never a classic this old. The bike has been restored, and the seller claims that it has the original frame, engine, transmission, front end, gas tank, fenders, carb, and 6v electronics. He also says it is matching numbers and vin correct. Some parts have been replaced, but if what he is saying is true, all of the major components that came with the bike in 1950 are still on it. I am wondering if this really is what he says it is, and is numbers matching and worth the asking price of $25k. I have pictures and a weblink I can send, including pictures that show the vin, frame and other numbers.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 12 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** it is all original and has had a frame off restore, and all numbers matching, it is definately worth the 25k, around our parts of the country, this would probably go for over 30k, can you post a link to this?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Tim. I'm actually looking for a response from someone with more Harley appraisal experience. But thank you for your reply.