Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a Yamaha Viking 2015. When I go uphill in dif lock,

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha Viking 2015. When I go uphill in dif lock, many times is will back fire several times and start loosing power. If I change it to just*****it stops backfiring. why is it backfiring and losing power in dif lock going uphill?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check for any vacuum leaks.If the 4wd system is a vacuum controlled system if there are any vacuum leaks at all this can cause this type of fault here and the leak would need repaired or the affected component replaced.This will most likely have to be tested further with the 4wd components tested for any leaks or issues and repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a refund. I was told I would get a subject matter expert but as you indicated "info is somewhat limited on [my] model." If you don't even know if my 4wd system is a vacuum controlled system or not, I am talking to the wrong person. Thanks for your effort but I would like my money back and you don't need to reply back other than letting me know I am getting a refund. XXXXXXX XXXXXX
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize.I will send this to customer service.

Thanks Pete