Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Have a 77 honda gl 1000 after starting my bike and it runs

Customer Question

Have a 77 honda gl 1000 after starting my bike and it runs about 15-20 mins . When its at normal temp . Its starts knocking like its losing oil pressure , u can only hear it when its rpms are up . In gear cruising like under a load .
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It never had this issue before but took engine out to replace stater clutch cover . And ever since then its been doing this
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Since this issue occured after the engine was removed and the stater clutch cover replaced inspect and make sure when the engine was reinstalled that everything was plugged in properly and no damage occured to any components electrical or mechanical.If a fault is found with any of these here this will need repaired to correct this fault.If this has already been checked over and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete