Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 1995 Magnum 4x4 with on demand four wheel drive is making

Customer Question

my 1995 Magnum 4x4 with on demand four wheel drive is making an intermittant grinding sound when being ridden. Both in four wheel drive and two wheel. With all 4 wheels off the ground and spinning there is no grinding.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a fault with the front differential or transfer case causing this noise here.I can say most common that I have seen before cause this issue can be the transfer case as the bearings in it can fail and under load with the weight of the vehicle on the ground this can cause this noise.

Both the front differential and transfer case will need checked into and may require using an automotive stethescope to listen to any abnormal noises in either of these to locate which is the cause here,then that affected gear box will need removed and taken apart for inspection and repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete