Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a honda rancher 420 4x4 and it starts runs great. You

Customer Question

I have a honda rancher 420 4x4 and it starts runs great. You can ride it all over let it idle all day. Shut it off and try to restart and it cranks but don't fire. If you open the air box and listen the injection is not palsating and the spark is iradic. Wait 10 minutes or so it fires as soon as you touch the star bottom and runs perfect until you shut it down then same issue. PLEASE HELP! Lol thanks Mark
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with a control unit/ecu that controls the spark and fuel injection on this model here.I have seen control units fail like this before causing issues like this here.This will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and then from there repaired to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete