Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Now working on a chinese scooter 2008 Hangzhou

Customer Question

Now working on a chinese scooter 2008 Hangzhou "Chungfang Holding" LCETDKP1196000076 having a 12 coil stator. Male plug w 3 yellow wires. The pick up coil is separate in the harness and has two leads red & black with a Female plug. Found the pick coil
but it is offered in 300, 200, 14, 10 db? The mounting measurements all fit and it looks exact but how do I know which db? Nothing is printed on the old coil itself. Chasing a no spark and have replaced the ign. module and the relay both in the same harness
by tracing wires.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.You may have to contact a dealer or repair center that works on this model here to find out this info on which is the correct fit for your model.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete I still need help. on the chinese motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • measure the resistance of the pick up coil's red & black wires;
  • • check the output voltage between the same wires when attempting to start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete if you read the entire conversation over you will see that you offered to help but never answered my question. how can I rate you for nothing but conversation. Am I missing something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie, my apologies; totally missed your answer until now have to install some parts back on cycle to test the I will provide you the results. Thanks for the advice.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the post back and would look forward to an update when able.