Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I'm ***** ***** I think i had a tank full of water mixed

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** ***** I think i had a tank full of water mixed fuel, bike coughed and spluttered,died, got it going again, but then stopped and wouldn't start again
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I mangaed to get it to start but ran really rough and wouldn't idle. I have a 2002 GSXF 750
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Motorcycle Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kurt
Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is***** am a professional here at JustAnswer.com
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want the problem diagnosed.
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

Do you still want help with this problem?

If so you will need to drain the tank & all carbs & replace with fresh fuel + answer a few questions for me

Are all plugs clean & sparking?

If so purely for diagnostics :- Try spraying starter fluid into the airbox with the choke OFF & throttle open a crack. Does she fire up momentarily?

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Sorry to have to ask what may seem like stupid questions, but it is obviously difficult diagnosing problems remotely, I cannot hear, see, touch or smell anything so I have only what a customer tells me to make a correct diagnosis.
Also I dont know how proficient a customer is or what they may have done already. So I need to ask stuff which may seem obvious or unrelate
d