Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Suzuki 1000 2004 Fi light is on and it's reading code 25&26

Customer Question

Suzuki 1000 2004 Fi light is on and it's reading code 25&26 and when I throttle the gas in the 4 Rpm its will back fire
Hello Christopher I have an Suzuki 1000 and am getting a code 25 26 reading
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Looking at some info on these codes here the codes will set when a fault is detected with cylinders 3 and 4 coils.Try swapping out the coils from the #1 and #2 cylinders to the 3 and 4 cylinders and see if the codes change.If they do then the coils need replaced that were originally for cylinders 3 and 4.If the codes stay the same check the wiring leading to the coils to see if there is any wiring damage needing repaired as broken or corroded or even shorted wiring will cause this here.If this has already been done/checked let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Pete am still getting code 25,26 & code 46 it saying something about a value
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Did you locate or check for any damaged or broken wiring at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a wire that was broke from the harness wire going to the computer and put it back on and that's when the code 46 start showing up
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Did the wire short out to metal at all or to any other wires that you could see or that may have occured in any way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect it to see if this resets the computer and corrects this here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to same thang
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This may be a fault with the computer itself.I have seen some of these fail before and cause the issue this one has here.Unfortunately I dont have a way to test this myself or post here to test.I suspect it may be the cause.

If you want I can always open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any answer will help
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,no problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete