Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Battery went dead on my Kymco Peoples 125cc. Battery was

Customer Question

Battery went dead on my Kymco Peoples 125cc. Battery was dead. Changed the battery but still no power anywhere. No lights go on. Engine does not crank. Wont even react to boost.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike
Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is***** am a professional here at JustAnswer.com
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want the problem diagnosed.
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your exact model but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

It is very common for the main fuse to blow when the battery is changed, this would be the 1st thing to check along with the fastness of the battery terminals

If that is not the problem I will need to ask for some background history, such as - has your Kymco been unused for any length of time?

Has any work been carried out on her prior to this happening?

Do you have a multi-meter to do some checks?

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Sorry to have to ask what may seem like stupid questions, but it is obviously difficult diagnosing problems remotely, I cannot hear, see, touch or smell anything so I have only what a customer tells me to make a correct diagnosis.
Also I dont know how proficient a customer is or what they may have done already. So I need to ask stuff which may seem obvious or unrelated