kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph
68360881

I have a Polaris 650 jet ski been sitting while trying to

Customer Question

Hello I have a Polaris 650 jet ski been sitting for a while trying to start it but wont get gas to carbrurator it will start when I spray starting fluid in it
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what year model is it? Is it the engine with three carbs and blue paint on engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
`
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1995 Sl 650 yes it has three carbs and blue paint on engine. its not getting fuel to the carbs I cleaned and checked all house

Thanks, it's most likely the fuel pump is faulty. On this model it's basically a rubber diaphragm that's operated via vacuum. If you've checked all hoses going to it for cracks or breaks then the diaphragm is most likely faulty, which is very common.

Polaris discontinued this pump and what I've found works better than gambling on used pumps is to purchase the Mikuni kit and retrofit it in. I'll post a link to it here.

If it's been sitting for a while and the fuel was not ethanol free or treated ethanol, I would recommend pulling the carbs and having them rebuilt as well.