Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2001 ROAD CLASSIC EFI MM WONT CRANK...WELL AFTER I PULLED

Customer Question

2001 ROAD KING CLASSIC EFI MM
WONT CRANK...WELL AFTER I PULLED FUSES A FEW MIN IT CRANKED A FEW SECONDS THEN OFF... THEN WILL NOT CRANK AT ALL ... I CHANGED THE IAC MOTOR I SET UP THE TPS AT .275 ALL SCREWS WERE BACKED OUT BEFOR SETTING THEN SET MY COLD IDLE FOR .650 RELACED HARNESS BUT I HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE... CHECKED ALL RELAYS CHECKED BATTERY VOLTAGE...
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If it isnt cranking over at all to start (electric start) and the battery and battery cables are o.k. as well as any other wiring leading to the engine electronics this may be a fault with the electronic ignition switch causing this fault here.If this is what is occuring here this will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and replaced if found at fault.If this is not what is occuring here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete