P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I have a 2005 Road. I started it up and let it warm up....

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Road King. I started it up and let it warm up.... Clicked it into first gear and felt it go into gear put heard a click instead of the usual clunk..... But no forward go.....now i can feel it go into each gear but no noise and no forward movement.. What broke ?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

You're pretty much limited to a broken drive belt or clutch basket issue keeping it from engaging.

There are, of course, transmission possibilities but you would hear something very bad if something in there broke and it probably wouldn't shift.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, P.J.