Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

I have a 2011 Harley Davidson blackline fxs and have no

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Harley Davidson blackline fxs and have no lights working on the rear of the bike. Running,brake and blinkers. License plate light out also. There's was a damage wire in wheel fender the i believe was to license plate. I repaired the wire and checked fuses. Nothing the same thing. Everything in the front works fine.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

the lights in back are powered from the same fuses as he lights in front, with the exception of the brake light.

you have a problem with the rear lighting harness. whatever caused the problem with your license plate illuminator has wrecked your entire harness. this usually happens when someone lowers the bike or installs too big of tire on the rear without regard to clearance for the lighting harness.

you need to find out what happened to the harness and fix it or replace it.

THEN you need to undo whatever it was you did that wrecked the harness in the first place, or find a way to do it that will not destroy the harness when you ride the bike.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve