Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  I have fixed & modified bikes for 35 yrs I'm now THE Mobile Bike Mechanic for S.LONDON since 1990
38097336

I was wondering what the ecm controls on a 2004 Polaris

Customer Question

I was wondering what the ecm controls on a 2004 Polaris sportsman 500 HO and if there is a way to test it before I buy a new one
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would also like to know where I can find the fusible link in the wiring on the bike. Could you please get me a wiring diagram for this bike? Thank you in advance
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is***** am a professional here at JustAnswer.com
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want it resolved
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

Do you still want help with this problem?

I have a 2005 manual with wiring diagrams!

I dont know if theres any major difference off-hand

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that would be good but my bike is a 2004 Polaris Sportsman
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

OK I cant edit this PDF anyway otherwise I would upload the diagram for you

So I will opt-out to let someone else help

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Bad news Im sorry to say

The fusible link is part of the ECM (Sure Power Box) & should reset when key is switched off

There are no tests given for the ECM it can only be tested by a dealer with a Polaris diagnostic computer

The best I can do manual wise is the 2005 manual that I mentioned earlier

Please dont rate my service before giving me a chance to help you, negative (low) ratings are taken seriously here & I will try my best to help you as much as I can (for both our sakes)

Ratings apply solely to the service an expert gives you, they do not apply to JustAnswer.com or its policies.

So if you feel you should give me a low rating, please contact me 1st & I will strive to reverse that feeling

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just bought a new ecm for the bike. The mechanic at the Polaris dealer was about 99% sure that is the problem. I haven't got it put on yet but will later tonight after work. Thanks
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
I'm following up on my unresolved Q&As to see if I can help any further

Did you resolve the problem ?

Did the new ECM cure her?

Feel free to pose any further question on this subject & I will do my best to help !!

Most of my patients get cured & live to run again !
Help improve the health of future biking by posting an update or helping with innovative new treatments

If you want more answers then get back to me with more info please

If I have already helped you then please press accept as that is the only way that I am compensated for my input, your question will stay open for its 7 day lifespan!

Please take the time to rate my service to you, I hope it has been favourable
Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the new ecm fixed the problem. I can't honestly say anyone from just answer.com really helped me in any way. I paid $48 for no real answer in a poor response time. Thank you anyway. I won't be using just answer in the future as I feel they are a rip off.