Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 2011rzr 800 shifts fine but wont engage into gear any

Customer Question

My 2011rzr 800 shifts fine but wont engage into gear any gear
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the shifter is operating properly and you can see it shifting at the gear box/transmission itself this can be due to a fault internally in the gear box itself with a broken shaft or shift fork or similar.The gear box would need removed in most cases and inspected internally to locate the cause of the fault then once located repaired.If it is unable to be repaired it would need replaced.I would have this checked into further to see if this is the cause here for sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete