P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I live in Mount Sinai, but I also have a 2013 CVO RK in

Customer Question

Terry, I live in Mount Sinai, but I also have a 2013 CVO RK in Columbia SC. I had a local mechanic do some engine work, Fuelings 574 reaper cams + lifers+beahive springs+.030 gasket+fueling oil pump. Sounds good? well the dyno chart was that of a stock CVO 110 with the true dual reinharts. How can I best tell if he actually did the work. I am thinking the easiest way is to check to see if there are adjustable rods. Thoughts?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

Adjustable rods wouldn't be definitive. They may or may not be in there as they are recommended but not required. The stock pushrods can be used with your cam.

The only true way to tell is to pull the cam cover. That is pretty simple to do. The only bit of "extra" work may be the need to pull your front pipe. Most will allow the cam cover to come off though. The cam can still be tricky to identify as the markings are covered by the timing sprockets. The oil pump would be easy to see as the Fueling pump would be billet and the stock pump is cast. The lifters would may also be hard to identify as well as the differences are hard to see with them installed in the blocks.

I want to add that dyno runs are not definitive either unless you have a before and after on the same dyno with the same settings. My dyno does not compare to the dyno down the street, and so forth and so on. The software settings are completely controllable and there is no standard that everyone adheres to.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, P.J.