gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Have a 2004 Piaggio Vespa 200L gt. It has set 2 months since

Customer Question

Hi have a 2004 Piaggio Vespa 200L gt. It has set for about 2 months since I last rode it. I checked the charge on the battery. It's fully charged. I checked the plug wire to the coil, etc. I put fresh fuel in and still won't start.
It tried twice to begin to turn over and that was all.
Not sure what to check now
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steven
Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at JustAnswer.com
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want the problem diagnosed.
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your model but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

Do you still want help with this problem?

If so pls remove the plug & let me know the colour of the deposits on the inner ceramic insulation

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I am not set-up for phone calls, probably as I'm in UK

pls remove the plug & let me know the colour of the deposits on the inner ceramic insulation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that you're in the UK and that is fine. But I also don't want to pay for an LIMITED answer. So "Just Answer" really needs to provide a technician who is.
I'll let them know as well.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a phone call, NOT a typed email. Also if your NOT very familiar with my type of bike then DON'T accept the request. I won't pay for guess. I've wait over a day in a half for a GUESS.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

You are going to need to remove the carburetor, remove the slow and fast jets, and allow them to soak in some brake parts cleaner or carb cleaner to get the varnished deposits out of the tiny bores. You need to be able to carb cleaner through them easily. ALso check your bowl to make sure it is not full of "brown sugar" particles of varnished gas.

If you do this and still have problems, check back with me- you do not pay me until you get a satisfactory answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The entire bike including the carb was gone through a month and a half ago during a full service. I really need a phone call on this. because at this point everyone is guessing.