Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I want to run a less than one amp strobe, have a grip

Customer Question

I want to run a less than one amp strobe, have a grip switch, and need an easy switched hot wire to tap?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi Charles
Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is***** am a professional here at JustAnswer.com
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want the problem diagnosed.
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your model but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

Do you still want help with this problem?

Is this a strobe kit? Harley or not?

When do you want it to be hot?

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

do you want this strobe to work whenever the ignition switch is on, or only when headlamp is on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want the strobe to work when the ignition switch is on. I do not want the circuit to be active when the main ignition switch is off to avoid draining the battery accidentally. I have a switch that is hooked to the front of the left clutch bracket plate to activate the strobe. I need a ground and hot wire and the third wire on the switch will go to strobe unit.My bike is a 2003 Harley Davidson heritage Softail classic. If at all possible I would like to avoid removing the gas tankk, as I think this is above what I am capable of doing
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Do you want it to be fused & if so through the normal fuse box or seperately?

The ground can be attached to any screw that isn't especially isolated, this will avoid uneccessary & unsightly wiring

So we just need to find a wire that is switched to hot through the ignition, over here (in UK) we have a lights ON/OFF switch, does yours?

Im having a problem finding a wiring diagram for that year, would any other years be the same ( they will all be similar,I know)