Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 2001 Honda trx500 I'm stuck need help esp, d1,and

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Honda trx500 I'm stuck need help esp, d1,and d2 are all flashing . I put a new Orem angle sensor in it and a shift motor ? Still the same problem I have a code 11
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't shift and sputters in reverse
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jim
Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is***** am a professional here at JustAnswer.com
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want the problem diagnosed.
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your model but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

My experience on your exact model is somewhat limited but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

Do you still want help with this problem?

Did you follow a manual for the code fault?

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

PS what is an "Orem" angle sensor pls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I would rather have the person when I paid help me ? It said he was mike and when I paid then a message said they r trying to find someone ? I would rather have someone who is familiar with my quad please?
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Mike is either a moderator or is in customer service, he does not answer these questions

I understand that my 1st response to you wasn't very inspiring, that was my fault for not deleting the appropriate line in that standardised reply

I do in fact have plenty of info on your exact model (incl gen. Honda 2001-3 TRX500FA service & owners manuals) & have worked on many similar machines & I have already found the troubleshooting for code11

Still its your prerogative to change experts & I will sort that out for you if you still wish

Please dont rate my service before giving me a chance to help you, negative (low) ratings are taken seriously here & I will try my best to help you as much as I can (for both our sakes)

Giving an undeserved negative or low rating will also put off other experts from trying to help

Ratings apply solely to the service an expert gives you, they do not apply to JustAnswer.com or its policies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I would rather have someone with experience on my model as to this is a common problem with these and I'm sorta upset that I responded and paid to talk to a tech from a pop up window and then paid and never heard back from him ... I hope my deposit will be refunded ?
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

I will open this up to others then & you can hit the refund button

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the refund button ? And how will I know if someone that knows more about my quad will answer ?