Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 2010 FLHTK, after starting the bike first time

Customer Question

I have a 2010 FLHTK, after starting the bike for the first time everyday, my front brake lever is frozen and won't move. Until I use 2 hands to break it free, then works fine the rest of the day. Any idea what the problem is and cost ?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

Does the bike have ABS? If so, you may have an issue in the ABS motor, such as a sticky solenoid valve. This can be a simple flush to fix ($200 or so) or a complete ABS motor replacement ($500 or so).

If you don't have ABS then I'd first flush the front brake master cylinder. It could be a simple as some debris settling into the bore of the master cylinder causing it to stick when not used. If flushing doesn't fix it then a replacement is in order ($150). I'd first suggest simply removing the lever pivot pin to make sure the lever isn't the problem. You can press in on the master cylinder piston while it is removed.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, P.J.