Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 94 polaris 400 atv. was backing up with over ride

Customer Question

i have a 94 polaris 400 atv. was backing up with over ride switch pressed in. machine speeded up and had to shut it off to stop machine. started it a couple of more times and engine would rev way up and then it would not start at all. could this be caused by the over ride switch?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This type of fault here may be due to to much fuel entering the engine due to a fuel/carb. issue internally.I would have the carb. and fuel system checked for any issues that need repaired to correct this fault here.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know.Most of the time this won't be the switch itself as the cause but more of an issue with a carb. or fuel issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.