RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

Dear mechanic, I have a street enduro bike I just got 3

Customer Question

Dear mechanic, I have a street enduro bike I just got 3 weeks ago. The fuse has blown twice. I noticed I have a crimped red lead wire that is right next to fuse holder . the lights will dim a little, and then flicker till fuse blows. I crimped this wire by accident with removal of side panel. Could this crimped wire cause the fuse to blow?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

YEs. Red is usually always hot from the battery and if it is hitting ground, it will blow a fuse. Insulate it and move it so it does not get crimped (pinched) again and you should be good to go.

Thanks

RSRBOB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tucked the pinched wire in and it is not pinched anymore by the side panel. But, there is a pinch mark on the wire. Could this blow the fuse?
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

It would have to hit ground, which most likely it sounds like would be the frame. It is always safest to wrap the bare wires in electrical tape to insulate them.

RSRBOB

Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything more I can assist you with on this?

RSRBOB