Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  I have fixed & modified bikes for 35 yrs I'm now THE Mobile Bike Mechanic for S.LONDON since 1990
38097336

I have a 2005 polaris supersport 550 fan i just put in new

Customer Question

i have a 2005 polaris supersport 550 fan i just put in new pistons re bored the cylinders a new oil pump al new rubber lines carbs are clean i have compression in both cylinders it has electric start and electric revrse but it will not start it sputters and then quits i under stand there is no real timing adjustment on these motors is it possible the reverse has something to do with it not running can it be stuck in reverse so to say
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If it is sputtering this almost sounds like a possible lack of fuel issue to the engine itself.If you have not checked for any fuel issues like a restriction in the fuel supply or debris in the fuel tank this needs done.If a fault is found with a lack of fuel this will cause this here or if there is contaminants or debris in the fuel this can also cause this here.Check and make sure the spark plugs did not become fouled out and if they are wet remove and clean and dry them and retry the starting.If all of this is or was checked and is found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did all the simple things all ready all lines are new no crap in any thing fresh fuel and drained out old i cleaned the carbs and there is fuel in the motor if you take a carb and boot off of the cylinders also have checked timing whitch is not adjustable it is set at factory i have even put gas directly in the spark plug holes and all it does is sputter i have a good blue spark
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was off line this last weekend.

This is a difficult fault for me to pinpoint myself here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is***** am a professional here at JustAnswer.com
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want the problem diagnosed.
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your model but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

My experience on your exact model is somewhat limited but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

Do you still want help with this problem?

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Please dont rate my service before giving me a chance to help you, negative (low) ratings are taken seriously here & I will try my best to help you as much as I can (for both our sakes)

Ratings apply solely to the service an expert gives you, they do not apply to JustAnswer.com or its policies.