Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I am having problems getting fuel through the fuel pump, I

Customer Question

I am having problems getting fuel through the fuel pump, I have tried a new pump also. It is on a Yamaha scooter wondering if you have any ideas on things I could try?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I get the model and the cc size ?, also did you have the carb off ? if so what was performed ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not have the carb. off yet and I will have to get the cc when I get back to it tonight. Shouldn't I have fuel going to the carb tho?
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, had to go out of town last minute, yes you should, did you do anything further yet ?

Kenny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet, and I have tired a new pump what else would not allow fuel through?
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

OK thank, I looked up your VIN number so I could pull up the service manual, couple questions and I need you to try something, first off has this unit been sitting for a period of time ?

This uses an external vacuum operated fuel pump, I need you to try to see if the engine with pop, so grab some starting fluid, or contact cleaner or even WD40, and remove the air cleaner and give it a little shot in the air filter while trying to start the unit to see if will try to start, let me know what it does there.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has been sitting for about 2 years and I'll try to see if it will pop tonight.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** will, I banking on a clogged carburetor, what happens is the fuel becomes unstable and it will actually varnish up the jet especially the low speed jets, anyway get back to me with your findings.