Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have 2004 skidoo mxz 800 and the starter gear was worn so

Customer Question

I have 2004 skidoo mxz 800 and the starter gear was worn so I got a new one and put it on now when I try to start it the gear comes out it seems to far as to come off the spline on the shaft
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You may have received a defective starter.I have seen some where they are not built properly and can cause this here and had to replace it again under parts warranty.I would have the starter re checked by the facility you purchased it from to see if this is the cause here for sure.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.