Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 2006 Electraglide classic with 51,000 miles on it.

Customer Question

Hi I'm Steve. I have a 2006 Electraglide classic with 51,000 miles on it . Amsoil is has been used in it since it was new. No engine problems at all until recently. I hear a ticking like noise that seems to be moving ,as if a metal ball is bouncing around inside of it . I have taken it to a well experinced , former Harley mechanic for this problem. He hears the noise says he can't locate the cause. Compression is correct, no metal in the oil, push rods were replaced but noise is still there. Any Ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here
It is obviously difficult to diagnose a noise problem remotely, I cannot hear, see, touch or smell anything so I have only what a customer tells me to make a correct diagnosis.
Also I dont know how proficient a customer is or what they may have done already. So I need to ask stuff which may seem obvious or unrelated

You say the noise moves, what areas does it seem to be coming from please?

Has any work been carried out previous to this noise occurring?

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Please dont rate my service before giving me a chance to help you, negative (low) ratings are taken seriously here & I will try my best to help you as much as I can (for both our sakes)

Ratings apply solely to the service an expert gives you, they do not apply to JustAnswer.com or its policies.