Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a 1996 polaris magnum 425 that i cant get started.

Customer Question

I have a 1996 polaris magnum 425 that i cant get started. its got fuel up to the pump but thats it its got pulse vacuum and i can hear the diaphram in the pump moving when trying to start it. ive even tried manually doing a vacuum thinking the motor wasnt making enough but no go. ive also cleaned the carb and the pump and everything looked good. and the fuel is turned on.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary try (if have not been done) is to loosen the carb's drain screw with a suitable but clear container at the end of the drain hose. Attempt to start again a couple of times. Normally, fuel should flow out of the drain hose and:

• • if yes, then possibly an air lock / unable to vent;
  • • if still no, then possibly an issue with the float and/or float valve.