Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

1997 Yamaha Royal Star (4 cylinder). Gears 1 through 4 it

Customer Question

1997 Yamaha Royal Star (4 cylinder). Gears 1 through 4 it runs great. In 5th there is a little more engine vibration which is what I would call moderate as the speed gets to 80+. In 4th gear at 70+ it runs great. New plugs. Mechanic just replaced intake manifolds/boots, replaced jets (about 10 HP more) and he says the carbs are balanced. I trust this mechanic. I am assuming the plug wires are good but we have not discussed this. I have been riding about 4 years and this is the only bike I have ever ridden that has more than 200 cc. This is a used bike and had 21,000 miles on it and I have put 20,000 miles on it. I have worked on cars and I think the carbs are a little out of balance but he (mechanic) says they are balanced. I have tried a gas additive and non-ethonal (sp?) fuel with slight improvement.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not inspected the engine mounting to make sure it is o.k. with no worn or damaged mounts this needs done.If a fault is found with the mounting it will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or was all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.