rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Why did my front brake line catch on fire

Customer Question

Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Several reasons which include anything being to close to it that displays friction, any fluids dripping on it that are combustible, brake fluid getting too hot due to age and being broken down. Keep in mind that I can't see your car from here too.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of those are it. It has something to do with stainless steel lines and voltage running thru the bike
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I wasn't told any of this information before. It sounds like someone may have attached a ground wire in the area of the lines that needs to be relocated.

Thanks, Ron