Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I have a Yamaha Bruin 350 with Ultramatic tranny. It will

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha Bruin 350 with Ultramatic tranny. It will not start sometimes and I have to rock the machine while it is in gear and sometimes it will free up and allow me to start the motor. When it doesn't start just clicks like a battery with a bad ground connection.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a bad spot in the starter armature and is commom=n, you can verify this by checking for power on the small wire at the starter when cranking, if it has power, then its a bad starter, have you tried this yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldn'd check the small wire and think you might be right and I might have to replace the starter. I will a local Yamaha service and have them check it out some more. Thanks for the info. and I would like to cancel any future charges and just pay for this service.
Thanks
Ed
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is very common, when you rock it, the starter moves alittle and allows it to start, Please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

you will not be charged a monthly fee if you did nt sigh up for it,Tim