Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 1986 Honda VF700C Magna and the throttle will not

Customer Question

I have a 1986 Honda VF700C Magna and the throttle will not close during upshifts. It will close during downshifts and while revving the motor in neutral..The grip itself moves freely at all times. Is this a carb issue or a cable issue (it has the two cable push/pull system). The engines starts and runs OK, but not as good as it should.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

Do you still want help with this problem?

My name is***** am a professional here at Just Answer.
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want the problem diagnosed.
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your model but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

If at any time you feel that I can't help with this please dont rate my service, just let me know and I can open this question to all experts. Giving a low or negative rating will put off other experts from answering

Ratings apply solely to the expert, they do not apply to this website JustAnswer.com or its policies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give it a shot.
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to have to ask what may seem like stupid questions, but it is obviously difficult diagnosing problems remotely, I cannot see, hear, touch or smell anything & I have only what a customer tells me to make a correct diagnosis.
Also I dont know how proficient a customer is or what they may have done already. So I need to ask stuff which may seem obvious or unrelated

Im not sure that I completely understand your question

When you say the throttle will not close do you mean the revs dont go down to idle as normal?

What happens when in gear with the clutch pulled in?

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I am not set-up for phone calls, probably as I'm in UK

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

If you would prefer a 'Live Phone Call' I can opt-out to open your question to other experts if you want

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

You seem to have opened a 2nd question on this same subject

I would have thought it would be the clutch dragging, but that would be the same in between upshifts & downshifts

Maybe Im just not getting this question correctly & so I will opt out in 5 mins unless you let me know different

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** you still need help with this problem ?

Kenny