Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  I have fixed & modified bikes for 35 yrs I'm now THE Mobile Bike Mechanic for S.LONDON since 1990
38097336

I have a 2007 atv grizzly Yamaha 700 ,code 41 and it want

Customer Question

I have a 2007 atv grizzly Yamaha 700 ,code 41 and it want start . Changed out lean level sonsor . Code 41 is still showing and still want start . I disconnected battery for 1 hour . Code still on and want start . Can u give some help please
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

Do you still want help with this problem?

My name is***** am a professional here at Just Answer.
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want the problem diagnosed.
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your model but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

If at any time you feel that I can't help with this please dont rate my service, just let me know and I can open this question to all experts. Giving a low or negative rating will put off other experts from answering

Ratings apply solely to the expert, they do not apply to this website JustAnswer.com or its policies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
try to help if u can
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

There must be a short or open circuit (depending on which way the sensor is wired)

I will have to find a circuit diagram for your model, so this may take a while. Please bear with me (no pun intended)

Meanwhile I can opt-out to open this question up to other experts, if you wish

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the wiring at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did, check wiring, it was running great then died and code 41 came up. I stud on footrest rocked bike back and froth. Code would go off. Then it would start. Put in gear go about 3 feet and die. It hasn't started scene. So I changed out level sonsor. It still has 41 and want start.
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Yes there must be a short or open circuit

Is the wiring damaged anywhere?

Can you check the wire(s) from the sensor to the ECU for continuity with a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try this week,after work.
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Ok

There should be 3 wires going to the sensor from the ECU. blue, yellow/green & black/blue

Unplug the lean angle sensor & the ECU, also the speed, throttle position & intake air pressure sensors. Check each of the 3 wires for continuity & no continuity between them

If I have already helped you then please press accept as that is the only way that I am compensated for my input, your question will stay open for its 7 day lifespan!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steve this is Brian, I did some more checking. Still haven't found any damaged wires. Is there any way you can email me it wiring diagram of this bike,if u can I would really appreciate it thank you
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Im very sorry for the delay, I have had my hands full arranging to get my mother back from a care home & looking after her. Also I have had to find out how to get around Adobe's PDF security & upload this extract for you

Click HERE to view the wiring diagram for a YFM700 (which is the nearest I have been able to find) or copy & paste the address below into your browser

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8cjbtdbeyu8bnvi/selection.pdf

This diagram should be virtually the same as for yours

Let me know what you find please

If you want more info please get in touch