Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I turned ignition on. It turned over once and then stopped

Customer Question

I turned ignition on. It turned over once and then stopped dead. Nothing. No power indication and no lights.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) is to check (or better yet, replace) the main (30A} fuse co-located with the starter relay. To locate the starter relay, start by following the big cable from the + terminal of the battery as it always ends up tied to 1 of the 2 big terminals of the starter relay. The starter relay is item # ***** in the exploded electrical parts diagram shown HERE.

If the fuse checks good, then inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring as a preliminary consideration. Have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).

All other checks would be with the use of a multi-meter.