Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I own a 1996 suzuki gsxr 1100w with a vance and nes ss2

Customer Question

I own a 1996 suzuki gsxr 1100w with a vance and hines ss2 aftermarket pipe on it. I live at an elevation of 2200 ft (671 meters) above sea level. I would like to know the best jetting changes i can make to improve throttle response below 4000 rpm. there is a slight hesitation when you roll on the throttle in a taller gear ( say 3rd). I see a lot of those dynojet carb kits for sale and wonder if it would help. I would gladly trade off some top end for a little more bottom. There must be a lot of people who have done mods to this bike since it is a popular model and a little bit older.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
specs: E-28 Designation (Canada) / Mikuni BST 40ss carbs / I.D.#46EO / Main jet # ***** is (#125) carb 3 is (127.5 ) / Main air jet is 2.0 mm / Jet needle is 6ZD13-2nd / Needle jet is P-2 / Throttle Valve # ***** / Pilot jet is #40 / By-pass # ***** is 0.8 mm / Pilot outlet is 0.8 mm / Vale seat is 2.5 mm / Starter jet is # ***** / Pilot screw Pre-set is (2 turns out) / Pilot air jet is 1.2 mm / Float height is 14.7 mm.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) prior top considering any jet changes:

• • raise the jet needles by lowering the clips 1 notch at a time;
  • • add a layer of universal air filter foam/element to restrict a bit further the air entry.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.