Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I have a Kawasaki mule 2510 doesn't idle good, no power and

Customer Question

I have a Kawasaki mule 2510 doesn't idle good , no power and backfires or pops
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** you can give me your 17 digit frame number I would like to look up the model so I get the exact model cde, also if you have the total hours on the machine and let me know what its used for and the touch on the service records and if the drive belt was ever replaced, if so how long ago (hours) was that ?

Thanks Kenny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kaf620a
1200 hours
Ranch use
Runs ok cold ,all of above warm
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

KAF620A ? there were a lot of changes on this model, so having the complete model code will help me pin point maybe your problem ?

Next I asked about serving ? what have you done to try to fix your issue ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jk1afca11xb524262
Cleaned carb and air intake
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks you have a KAF620A5, shortly after this year they changed the intake valves, you need to check the compression, it should be about 200 psi per cylinder, but before you do that pull the valve covers and make sure that the push rods are in place and didn't pop off any of the valves. They had a problem with the fuel gumming up on the intake valves and then the valve would stick (stay open) and then it would allow the push rod to fall out of place, what most dealers would do is check the compression and it would indicate OK but in all actuality the intake valve was not opening. If that is the case you will need to pull the head and replace the intake valves, lets check that and if that's it I can give you the updated part number. This sounds to me like what's going on ?

Kenny

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Also just putting the push rods back in place wont fix it, they will keep popping off.